Harvest Moon Prims


Sharing my Love of Primitives & Creating

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, October 19, 2009

Shelf and Knife Rack redo

Just did a few things over...the first is a shelf that I had in my dining room,which was a nasty green...but ever since I repainted my dining room..I could not use it...
So...I repainted it Vintage Linen over Black...did lots of sanding,and then stained with dark walnut stain...think it came out pretty nice!

Then I took my old yucky knife rack that I always hid in the corner,and spray painted it
Flat Black...a few coats,sanded,stained and added a vintage label to the front...Now I can
keep it out on my counter and it matches my other prim things...


Thanks Char for the kniferack idea






10 comments:

Jody said...

Marilyn,
I love your redo! That color is just awesome!

Shan said...

Great makeovers!
:)Shan

Marilyn said...

Thanks Shan and Jody...I love redoing old useless stuff....

Blessings
Marilyn

Carol said...

I like 'em! Beautiful redos. Carol

Marilyn said...

Thanks Carol!


Blessings
Marilyn

KKL Primitives said...

Your redos are great Marilyn!!! Love them both!!! Love the color of your wall too in the first photo - what brand of paint is that - and color??

~Neenee~

Marilyn said...

Thanks NeeNee,
the color is a Hot Chocolate,
and its Behr....from Home Depot
♥♥♥♥♥

I Play Outside The Box said...

They are great!! Wonderful job!

Té la mà Maria - Reus said...

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Reus Catalonia
thank you

Lisa said...

I've been meaning to do this to mine. Mine was a gift from my son many years ago and I use it every day. I asked if he minded if I paint it. He thought it was funny that I asked. lol Soooo, I'm debating red or black. Your black is awesome and I Love the label. Hadn't thought of that!

Free Vintage picture for your ...

just right click and save to your puter..